PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Computers & OEM

Fairdeal
17-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I have ordered a Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Grey/Black USB keyboard + mouse from Gamma Computers through its website on Friday and I was informed on Saturday that the product is ready for collection at its store. I went to the shop today and a shop assistant attended to my order. He gave me an OEM instead of a retail pack. As Microsoft is offering cashback at the moment for retail pack not the OEM, therefore, I refused to accept the deal.

I certainly feel that it is unfair to the customers (especially for those who have little knowledge about computers) and other honest retailers that OEM was not recorded with the product advertised in Gamma Computers and PriceSpy websites.

If it is an OEM product, then it is not one of the cheapest among all the other retailers offering the retail product as listed in PriceSpy website.

Is there anything we can do to address this misleading advertisement?

Many thanks.

feersumendjinn
17-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Tell these guys
http://www.comcom.govt.nz/index.aspx

PaulD
17-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the guy at Pricespy might be more interested than the ComCom.

"I only want to list honest, reliable retailers so let me know if I'm not. Please use the feedback system or send mail to philip(at)pricespy.co.nz"

pctek
18-11-2008, 09:02 AM
"I only want to list honest, reliable retailers so let me know if I'm not. Please use the feedback system or send mail to philip(at)pricespy.co.nz"

Hah. It took him years to remove Supercheap. He doesn't pay much attenton to complaints.

PaulD
18-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Hah. It took him years to remove Supercheap. He doesn't pay much attenton to complaints.

Are they off for good now? Supercheap were taken off the list for various periods in the past. I don't think Pricespy ignores complaints. Being dropped for a while must cost the trader.

Fairdeal
19-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Many thanks to those who have taken the time to look into my inquiry.

I have written to Pricespy using the feedback system after I came back from the store. However, till today, I have not received any reply from them even though I have left an email address with them. My email address has been verified through the feedback system. I am not quite sure whether they did actually receive my complaint or they do not considered this is an important matter.

According to advertising law in NZ, is it compulsory to state products which are OEMs?

wainuitech
19-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Out of interest which one of These at Gamma (http://www.gamma.co.nz/?catId=all&search=Microsoft+Wireless+Laser+Desktop+3000) did you order ?????

Just looked up the prices from my own supplies and the lower priced one is the OEM.

If you ordered that then you got what you asked for- if you ordered the higher priced one then yes you should have been given retail.

I wouldn't go taking to much as Gospel about the PriceSpy website either - as many people have found out and there is a thread about this a few days ago -- some of the lower priced shops either dont have stock - or its out dated.