PDA

View Full Version : Dvd sound hardly audible

bpt2
16-11-2008, 07:42 PM
When playing a dvd on my laptop the sound on the laptop speakers is hardly audible even on max volume. With headphones the sound is fine. I am using Nero on win XP. Any ideas?

wainuitech
16-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Laptop Speakers are not usually that great any way - But a couple of things to try - Open the control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices /Volume tab / Under speaker settings / Advanced Button / make sure the Speakers are set to laptop.

Next thing to try - Double Click the Speaker Icon in the Icon Tray, near the clock - Look for CD player, make sure the volume is right up and Not muted.

If the CD Player is not showing, top left click Options/properties / Put a tick in CD player.

you can always plug in a set of normal desktop speakers into the headphone jack - they work fine, then change to Desktop Speakers in the Advanced Settings.

Note: I have tried both Laptop and Desktop Settings and it makes no difference.

CYaBro
16-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't know about Nero but PowerDVD has a setting under the audio to tell it that you are playing the DVD in a noisey environment and it increases the volume.

The other thing you could try is download VLC media player and try that to see if it gives you more volume. You can set the volume really high in the Preferences.

Edit: One other thing to try is download and install the AC3Filter (http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter). In there there is an option to increase the gain/volume of AC3/DTS audio which is what most DVDs use.