PDA

View Full Version : Importing ITunes Libary and Artwork

camo
16-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi,

On my laptop I've spent a lot of time building an itunes library, getting artwork etc.

I want to be able to use this library on other user accounts on the same computer.

I just figured out how to export the libray and import it onto another user account - but is there a way I can get back all the album artwork that I downloaded? All I have is blank covers on the new user account...

Or do I have to start all over again?

Cheers!

C

Bantu
16-11-2008, 11:36 AM
You can export to a CD then import it again but not sure about the artwork. Artwork images are hidden unless you change the music directory to show hidden files. If you import from the same directory on the other account the images should all still be there.

Alternatively you can use a program such as iPod Access for Windows.
http://www.findleydesigns.com/ipodaccess/indexWin.html

wainuitech
16-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Lets say the Main user is called user1.

You should be able to go into another user account ( user 2, 3 4 etc) on the same PC, and in Itunes (on User 1, 2 etc) - Edit/preferences / Advanced and under iTunes Music Folder Location - point the Location to the Itunes Folder on user1's Account.

It should pick up the music and album art - I have my Media Center as the main storage for iTunes (over the LAN) set up like that on this PC and it picks up every thing fine.