PDA

View Full Version : DVD Authoring

aonghas
12-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

I am creating a DVD for an organisation and it's going to be over 2 discs, and I was wondering if there was any way to create a menu so that when you click it it tells you to insert DVD2, and remains on that screen while you insert the second DVD before it loads the contents for that menu without the whole dvd player resetting?

An example would be Singstar on PS2 there is that option when you want to change editions of singstar it stays on the same screen while you change disc so you don't have to restart the program.

Is there anything possible similar to this with regular video DVDs?

Cheers
Aonghas

davidmmac
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Um I don't think so, but I'm no expert. You could try using a larger DVD (eg DVD5 or DVD9) so that you only need one disk, thus removing the need to change disks.

Speedy Gonzales
12-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Yup I would get a dual layer blank (if a normal DVD blank isnt enough)

It'll save 2 cd's if this is what youre going to do, if you're making a video cd.

And video cd isnt that good anyway

aonghas
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh no I wasn't going to use CDs, I was just going to use single layer DVDs. I thought about the dual layer discs but they're just too expensive for the price that I charged them. They want quite a few copies done, which is why single layer discs would be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks,
Aonghas

autechre
13-11-2008, 08:53 AM
There will be a way to do this, but I don't know if there are any free tools available that will achieve what you want.
Sites like VideoHelp (http://www.videohelp.com/guides/category/how-to-author-a-basic-dvd-3;6#3;6) may be of some use. Doom9 is another.