PDA

View Full Version : Setup scanner in Vista and NOD32.

Bryan
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I have an Epson Perfection 2480 scanner that I used in XP.

I want to use it with Vista but I'm having trouble getting the PC to recognise the scanner unit. I've loaded down the Vista drivers from Epson for the scanner but the problem continues.

When loading the programs a warning is given to "disable any antivirus programs". I am running NOD32 but I cannot see any way to disable NOD32.

Can someone advise please? Should I setup using safe mode only? If so, can I still use the Epson program cd or should I copy the programs into a folder onto the PC first so that I can access them from the PC when in safe mode?

stormdragon
12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I am running NOD32 but I cannot see any way to disable NOD32

To disable NOD32

Open NOD32, if your in standard UI, click Setup and choose Temporarily disable Antivirus and antispyware protection.
In advanced mode select Antivirus and antispyware, then from the list near the bottom select Temporarily disable Antivirus and antispyware protection.

wainuitech
12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Easier way - Right click on the Icon by the clock, select Disable antivirus and antispyware protection - Click yes. ( this is assuming its version 3.XXX)

Bryan
13-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks Wainuitech.

I assume you mean the NOD32 icon. When I right click on that icon, there is no response, only left double click works and this brings up the Main NOD32 screen.

I din't like things that do not work so how can I get the right click to work? Thanks again.

pctek
13-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Easier way - Right click on the Icon by the clock, select Disable antivirus and antispyware protection - Click yes. ( this is assuming its version 3.XXX)

I have 3.0.566.0
When I right click, I see:
Display Alerts
Display Notifications on Desktop
Display balloon tips in taskbar
Open Window

I have to go into it to disable it temporary.

sal
13-11-2008, 10:48 PM
^ Advance mode needs to be enabled for the "Disable antivirus..." option to appear in the context menu of NOD32 (3.0.627.0 here) from the system tray.