PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Writing Failed Error!

Groovvy
10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

I keep getting this error message on my Windows XP computer most of the time in the middle of reading and writing files.

" Delayed Writing Failed Error!" and some more gibrish...

I am running Windows XP with about 512mb Ram. I have recently bought a PCI to USB 2.0 card and i keep getting this error since i bought this card.

So far i have tried using 2 of usb sticks i have, 1x2gb and 1x4gb ones. Both of them keep giving me this errors almost everytime i copy something to the memory stick.

I have googled this error and some mentioned that if i disable the writing cache on the USB drive, it might solve the issue.
Is that correct?
Do i have do disable the writing cache everytime i plug a new usb stick in the PCI to USB controller card?

Thanks all in advance.

pctek
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid1_gci1041334,00.html

Some of them don't apply as you are not using a hard drive via USB, you are using flash ram.
So the cabling and drive controller stuff is not relevant.

I'd be suspicious of the drives, try them on another Pc and see if you get the same error.

Groovvy
10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid1_gci1041334,00.html

Some of them don't apply as you are not using a hard drive via USB, you are using flash ram.
So the cabling and drive controller stuff is not relevant.

I'd be suspicious of the drives, try them on another Pc and see if you get the same error.

Thanks. I hope its not the hard drive. As this is a new samsung 500GB hard drive i bought like few months ago and its the only hard drive i have.

Its a SATA hdd and i have used a SATA - IDE converter to connect it to my computer, as i only have IDE slots.
Could this be a problem?

Or could it be the RAM problem?

Thanks.

pctek
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
You said:

"So far i have tried using 2 of usb sticks i have, 1x2gb and 1x4gb ones. Both of them keep giving me this errors almost everytime i copy something to the memory stick."

So then its not the hard drive. Its the flash drives, USB stick, whatever you call them.

Groovvy
10-11-2008, 04:13 PM
You said:

"So far i have tried using 2 of usb sticks i have, 1x2gb and 1x4gb ones. Both of them keep giving me this errors almost everytime i copy something to the memory stick."

So then its not the hard drive. Its the flash drives, USB stick, whatever you call them.

I dont think its the USB sticks either. Reason being i have used the USB sticks in other computers for copying and both of them never gave a problem.
Even in the computer with the current error, i have 2 x USB 1.1 ports built in, and i have used them with the USB sticks to copy same files and they copy without any issues. (just takes hell of lot longer) :(