PDA

View Full Version : Compac desktop pIII audio driver for XP

billheart
06-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I am reinstall windows xp for my old Compac desktop pIII
but missing the audio drive,where can im download ?
i try to find on Compac.com but can't find it.(maybe too old)
thanks for help!

Bantu
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
bill I think you missed the boat altogether.

Replying to a real old thread, plus owning a Compaq, plus it being an old one.

Read some PC World magazines and do yourself a favour and update your computer.. Possible read through a few threads here before you buy one.

Thebananamonkey
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Agreed, it would have been better to start a new thread.

But you're not asking for advice on new comps, but help with an old one. Heaps of people still have PIII's.

I'd suggest finding what exact model number you have and typing it into google. Compaq may have stopped supporting it, but you'll probably find that you can still find them on driver device sites.

The model number should be somewhere on the chassis, or failing that, try to find a number on the motherboard.

gary67
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Failing that install SIW or Belarc which when run will give you lots of info like your motherboard number, CPU etc

Jen
06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I have moved the new posts from the completely random old thread where it was posted to this new thread.

beama
07-11-2008, 06:46 AM
welcome bill
Wants wrong with using old hardware and further more there's nothing wrong with compaqs. All the Hps and Compaq's Ive owned have been nothing but reliable and I've worked on more other brand pcs than I have Hps or Compaqs.

On the mother board there will be some numbers could you post those back here or give the model of the compaq.

Thank you

autechre
07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
The HP website (http://www.hp.com/) still has drivers for old Compaq machines. Either search by model name or drill down through the various options for desktop PCs in the menu.

billheart
07-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks All ,i will try it !