PDA

View Full Version : Vista Restore

NZHawk
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I did a Backup Files under the false impression that once I did a factory reinstall that I would be able to restore the Back up files!

Is there a way to restore the backup files once the hard drive has been reformatted?

When I choose the restore option it tells me that the system hasn't been backed up.

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Dont think so. The factory reinstall probably formatted then reinstalled Vista

A factory reinstall (I think puts the computer, back to its original state, like the day you brought it), isnt the same as a system restore (if this is what youre talking about)

NZHawk
03-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry found a solution while I was waiting.
Here is what I found if that helps:
I went to advance restore .... there were a few other options that I stumbled through that I can't recall just now as it is going through the restore process, but using Advance Restore will get you started.

NZHawk
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Here are a few more details:
Go to advance restore, Files from a back up made on a different computer, then navigate to the location of your backup set, vista will recognize it & you're off and running.

feersumendjinn
03-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Where did you save your backups to?
Not the drive you've reinstalled Vista on, I hope!, if so, they are gone (unless you saved them to another partition on that drive, or another drive, in which case they should be still there).
Did you recover your system or not?