PDA

View Full Version : Printer does not recognise new cartidges

peterver
03-11-2008, 09:08 AM
My daughter has an Epson CX6900F printer which does not recognise any of the 4 genuine Epson ink cartidges she has installed.
She has tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Epson CD, also installing brand new cartidges one at a time but all to no avail.
Her computer runs XP and for the past 14 months she has had no problems with the printer which she purchased new from Dick Smiths.
Can anyone throw any light on how to solve this problem please ?
Thanks, peterver.

Bantu
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
It is possible your printer needs a service. Some Epsons have a warning and refuse to work until a service is performed. I have had two in the past like that and my current two Epsons also let me know when it is due.

Service Agents on Epson.co.nz web site. Tell the Service agent at the time about the ink problem.

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Has she removed the tape if they've got tape on the end?

Colpol
03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Dont know if this will work but may be worth trying.
Remove the cartridges then turn the printer off then back on. Let it complain then reinsert them.

rumpty
03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
It is possible your printer needs a service. Some Epsons have a warning and refuse to work until a service is performed. I have had two in the past like that and my current two Epsons also let me know when it is due.

Service Agents on Epson.co.nz web site. Tell the Service agent at the time about the ink problem.

You mean you have got to pay someone to service your printer, whether it needs it or not, just to keep it going?

Bantu
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
You mean you have got to pay someone to service your printer, whether it needs it or not, just to keep it going?

Well the printer seems to decide that as it ceases to print a day or so after the Service warning.

My Current R800 and R1900 and also my previous R310 and R2400
I use them a lot as I run a business from home so normally about 12 months between each service.

Richard
04-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Have you read the f...... manual? :rolleyes:

PaulD
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM
It's usually to do with waste ink. You can take a chance that you're not "full of it" and find a reset util or heavy users can modify the printer to divert the waste ink to an external container.

Poppa John
04-11-2008, 10:16 AM
It would be interesting to know what "A Service" would cost Versus A New Printer of similar model that takes the same cartridges. PJ

Bantu
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
$73 and $106 the last two. Some motor replaced the second time.

zcc
04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
I learnt something today... NEVER BUY AN EPSON!

peterver
04-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Bantu: yes you could be right, I found a similar suggestion in an English forum
Speedy Gonzales: the cartidges come in vacuum packed bags so do not have tape to cover the contacts.
Colpol: yes we have tried removing the cartridges and replacing them one at a time after turning the printer off.
Richard: not only have we RTFM but have also spoken to the techs at Epsom, they had no solution.
Paul D: thanks for the comment, we are currently awaiting a response from DSE

One thing we have not tried yet is to gently wipe the contacts located on the printer and each of the cartridges, this was a 'googled' possible solution.
Thanks for the responses everyone, if I find out any more information I will let you know.
peterver.