PDA

View Full Version : Comodo

ianhnz
03-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Was woundering if anyone had any options on Comodo Internet Security?
I have used their Firewall, anti-virus and BO-Clean, for a number of years and had no problems.
Seems to have worked well.
Last night I download and installed their latest offering and would love to received any, constructive comments, good and bad about your experiences with Comodo and in particular with this latest program combo?
Thanks, Ian.
:banana

pctek
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
There was a thread on this last week. Do a search.

ianhnz
03-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Um, thanks. I have been looking through. Not very forum savvy, so was hoping for advise. Sorry if I upset the forum??? Guess I'll just have to keep look as.............

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I've installed it on my other PC (I'm not on it, at the mo tho).

Only thing was, the previous version (424) crashed the computer, when I uninstalled it. But after a reboot, it was fine, I installed the later version (427) after.

I'm not on this other PC a lot, so cant really comment, on what its like.

But it was easy enough to install, picked up the network, no probs at all

And everything is working ok

Dont know if I'll keep it tho. Might install the latest version of Ubuntu on it.

And see what its like

The AV may not be that good at the mo. It wouldnt be as good as Avast, or NOD32 yet. So I wouldnt rely on its AV program.

Comodo do have their own forum (http://forums.comodo.com/comodo_internet_security_cis-b125.0/) if you do have issues / want to see what other users think of it

ianhnz
03-11-2008, 08:52 AM
I have just scrolled through over 6 pages and can't find anything to do with Comodo. Is there a search function? If so how do you access it, cause I can't find any search...

wainuitech
03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I have just scrolled through over 6 pages and can't find anything to do with Comodo. Is there a search function? If so how do you access it, cause I can't find any search... The thread mentioned was on the 26th Last month Link Here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=94324&highlight=Comodo)

Going on that thread - I did have a few silly problems with The firewall and Nod32 - I didn't install the comodo AV -

BUT in all fairness - it could have been the way I tested it - I loaded a PC up with viruses / infections, spyware etc, then installed Comodo and Nod32 - on the odd occasion during testing ( scanning) it did slow down when Nod was doing its thing. I removed nod and installed Avast - same thing.

ianhnz
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Thank you. No wounder I couldn't find it. Sounds good. Ian:clap