PDA

View Full Version : JEN:

SurferJoe46
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
You have any idea where the DMA settings are in DVD-Shrink?

Are there any somewhere else I need to know about?

Speedy Gonzales
01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Theyre not in DVD Shrink

SurferJoe46
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Theyre not in DVD Shrink

Would you then read sentence No.2?

Speedy Gonzales
01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
If you mean DVDshrink for Windows, the settings are in device manager

Click on the + by IDE ATA / Atapi controllers.

Double click on Primary and/or secondary IDE channel, then advanced settings tab.

SurferJoe46
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Now we're talkin' Thanks 'way in advance...it's almost midnight here and I am gonna c/p this instruction for tomorrow..thanks again.

CYaBro
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Sometimes the DVD drive IDE channel can get stuck back on the PIO mode and won't switch to DMA mode.

If that is the problem see this page (http://winhlp.com/node/10) to reset the IDE to DMA.

Speedy Gonzales
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
No probs :)

SurferJoe46
02-11-2008, 04:09 AM
OK...a new day here...Saturday AM and I'm gonna try this..thanks.

SurferJoe46
02-11-2008, 04:55 AM
In ADVANCED SETTINGS, Not running DVD Shrink at the moment;

PRIMARY IDE CHANNEL PROPERTIES
Primary Device 0
Device Type = Grayed Out
Transfer Mode = DMA if available,
Current Transfer Mode = Ultra DMA Mode 2

Primary Device 1
Device Type = Auto Detection
Transfer Mode = DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode = Not Applicable

SECONDARY IDE CHANNEL PROPERTIES
Secondary Device 0
Device Type = Grayed Out
Transfer Mode = DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode = Multi-Word DMA Mode2

Secondary Device 1
Device Type = Grayed Out
Transfer Mode = PIO Only (Changed this to DMA if available..OK???)
Current Transfer Mode = PIO Only (Not Changeable as far as I can see..will it toggle to the changed setting? There is no "Drop-Down" there to use. )

I made the setting changes and then went back and rechecked them and they held OK...they didn't default back to what they were before..so maybe this is the repair.

The current Secondary Device 1 Current Transfer Mode hasn't changed from PIO Only...but might it change when I re-start DVD-Shrink?

Youse guys think it'll be the right things to do?

Hope so.

OOPS!

Just got a warning card:

DCOM Configuration Warning!
The CLSID {98D9AF1-4696-4B5E-A2E8-26B3F9C1E12C}, item "F:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader\AcroRd32Info.exe" and title PDFShellInfo Class has the named value AppID, but is not under \\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID. Do you wish to record it?
Y - N:waughh:

I hit NO and it went away...OK?

Speedy Gonzales
02-11-2008, 07:10 AM
It probably doesnt have anything to do with DVDshrink.

Whether its (DVDshrink), is running or not.

Whats on primary and secondary ide?? Are both of them cds or burners?

Are you using a normal IDE cable or 80 wire IDE cable?? (the end you plug into the mobo is blue, which would be better)

SurferJoe46
02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
It probably doesnt have anything to do with DVDshrink.

Whether its (DVDshrink), is running or not.

Whats on primary and secondary ide?? Are both of them cds or burners?

Are you using a normal IDE cable or 80 wire IDE cable?? (the end you plug into the mobo is blue, which would be better)

IDE 0 is the DVD/CD-PLAYER/BURNER and IDE 1 is just a CD/DVD PLAYER.

The 80-wire ribbon cable is Siamese'd and has both male PRI & SEC connex for the two on the IDE slot on the mobo. Blue end to the mobo.

BTW: IDE 1 has trouble being "seen" by Nero. Maybe a clue? I have tried to rip-burn DVDs and CDs on-the-fly and it used to work well...but the DVD rip-burn on-the-fly mode doesn't.

I wasn't trying an on-the-fly rip-burn last night, but just put the converted material into a folder on the hdd where I normally store them for future viewing and re-burns. When I do the burn, it is as fast as it every was...it's just grinding the conversion part for hours..literally! and afterwards it's OK until I get started into converting the next material. I finally got finished at 3AM this morning and shut it all down after the burn.

Speedy Gonzales
02-11-2008, 09:30 AM
IDE 1 has trouble being "seen" by Nero. Maybe a clue? I have tried to rip-burn DVDs and CDs on-the-fly and it used to work well...but the DVD rip-burn on-the-fly mode doesn't.

1. Is Nero an OEM version?

2. Did IDE 1 come with this version of Nero, if its an OEM version ??

If the ans to 1. is Yes, and 2 is No. That'll be why. An OEM version will only work with the burner it was bundled with.

Thats the reason, why Nero wont see a burner.

Jen
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Why does this thread have "JEN" as the subject matter? :illogical

The only acronym I could find for JEN was Journal of Emergency Nursing. Is the problem that bad?

SurferJoe46
02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Why does this thread have "JEN" as the subject matter? :illogical

The only acronym I could find for JEN was Journal of Emergency Nursing. Is the problem that bad?

Ahem! I got the idea from someone who said that you know where all the rights, registry values and things that go bump inside a silicon chip reside.I was just trying to invoke your powers.

As to the "nursing" part...is this the medical type or the other? :wub

OK..I'll go sit in the corner a while...............:o