PDA

View Full Version : Domain registrar - Snap Internet Christchuch

Morgenmuffel
30-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi all

Some people I know have just bought a company, (they officially take over on Monday).

There is a website and domain name that are part of the company although the website hosting was allowed to lapse about a year ago and was deleted, the domain name however is listed as registered till June 2009.
The previous owners of the business know virtually nothing about the web side and no-one seems to know how to get hold of the login details for the domain name so that it can be pointed at the new site.

The Domain name is listed as having Snap Internet as the Domain Registrar, From what I understand the new owners of the business contacted them but they were told there were no login details because the site had been deleted off the server.
To my mind these are 2 different things you should have a separate login for the domain registry which is nothing to do with the hosted site, I personally use Go-Daddy as my domain registrar and use Hostme as my hosting company.

Can anyone give me some help here, the person listed as the Domain Registrant is the original web designer (I think) and they have no idea of what the password would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Safari
30-10-2008, 07:42 PM
The current owner of the domain is the only one authorised to request the UDAI of the domain which is required for changes or transfers.
Have a look at the info at this link
http://www.domainz.net.nz/info.asp?menu=help&Content=FAQ3&page=FAQs

If you want to check contact details of the current owner and the company currently hosting the domain enter the domain name at this site
http://www.dnc.co.nz/

Morgenmuffel
30-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok the Owner would be the registrant would it, which is listed as the Old web designer, as they have no idea of the password, I would need them to recover the password, using the thing on the Domainz site.

If that doesn't work what is my next option.