PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Nano Stick

samoht
30-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi
PC World reviewed this great little device and included in the review:
...We recorded programs in our very favourite format, DivX, and the playback was excellent...
I have not been able to record anything in DivX or any other format except .TS files. They play fine in the VLC Player or Power DVD, but cannot be edited by either the supplied editing program or any other editor that I am aware of.
Conversion of these files into mpg or avi is also a headache as I have been unable to find a program that does this.
Has anyone (perhaps the testers at PC World) an answer?
Many thanks

Speedy Gonzales
30-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Nerovision (part of Nero), by the looks of it can load ts files, so it'll probably edit them.

Then you can burn them to DVD

Chilling_Silence
30-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Using the K-Lite codec pack combined with WinAVI Video Converter, you should be able to convert just fine to DVD :)

I went out and got me one also after the PCW review.. havent had a chance to play with it yet though :(

samoht
02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks
I have used K-lite and WinAVI as suggested, but I am not getting any sound with the converted video.
I would appreciate any further suggestions
Thanks

Chilling_Silence
03-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Hmm.. Looks like they're saved in some super-funky format.
Might be worth forking out a couple of dollars and buying the relevant plugins so you can have it record direct2dvd or whatever fancy name they call it, right from within the TVCenter Pro software

kenj
03-11-2008, 06:43 AM
I have one as well. Great little beast on the laptop.

I would also appreciate any help with putting on a disk. I seem to have tried everything. However, not being as computer savvy as many of our members, I keep hitting a brick wall.

Thanks guys

Ken

Chilling_Silence
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Looks like the easiest solution is to fork out $5 Euro or whatever to get the program to do it...

kenj
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Looks like the easiest solution is to fork out $5 Euro or whatever to get the program to do it...

Quite happy to do that. Can you give me a link to what is required please? I can't seem to find anything to look at.

Thanks in advance :clap
Ken