PDA

View Full Version : Universal Remote

Greven
29-10-2008, 09:15 PM
I bought a universal remote that can learn from other remotes. My problem is that the back button on my Xbox (original, not 360) remote maps to a teletext button instead of the exit button.

Does anyone know why my remote can learn from all the remotes in my house except the xbox remote?

Speedy Gonzales
29-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Some remotes werent meant to be copied ;)

IIRC the universal remote I've got didnt work with some of the buttons on the Sky UHF remote either

Altho, that may have changed, I dont know. Dont have Sky now

CYaBro
29-10-2008, 10:34 PM
As you have found out, some remotes can be a real pain to try and learn from.
MySky remotes can be particulary nasty.
I remember doing a job for someone who wanted their learning remote to control their MySky box and it took about 2 hours to get it right.

What is the learning remote you have?
SOmetimes, if it can be connected to a PC, you can find the code you want to learn on the internet and upload to the remote rather than trying to learn it.

Greven
30-10-2008, 05:35 PM
As you have found out, some remotes can be a real pain to try and learn from.
MySky remotes can be particulary nasty.
I remember doing a job for someone who wanted their learning remote to control their MySky box and it took about 2 hours to get it right.

What is the learning remote you have?
SOmetimes, if it can be connected to a PC, you can find the code you want to learn on the internet and upload to the remote rather than trying to learn it.

It is a SMRT remote - I got it off 1day. I've found a code that works for everything I need, but it has the back button mapped to a teletext button instead of the exit button.