PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden

Trev
28-10-2008, 11:56 AM
When I try to download from this site I get this error with IE7 and so dose everyone else.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /FTP/vmwoe487g0mnw9485fw/SSM-SP220.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.excitingsimulations.com Port 80

I can download alright from them with Firefox.
They say this error is caused by the end user and has nothing to do with them at there end. I can download from other sites with IE7 with no problems.
Question who is right with this issue. Is it a end user problem or theres.

The site in question is http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/downloads.html
see if you can download the Service Pack 2.20
:)

Safari
28-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Check IE Security and Privacy are set to default settings
Go to Tools->Internet Options. Then, click on
"Connections" and then "LAN Settings". Under "Proxy Server" untick anything there.

Trev
28-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Check IE Security and Privacy are set to default settings
Go to Tools->Internet Options. Then, click on
"Connections" and then "LAN Settings". Under "Proxy Server" untick anything there.
Everything is unticked. As I say I can download with IE7 no problems from other sites.
:)

Speedy Gonzales
28-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Yup sounds like a prob at their end. It brings up the same error here in IE7 as well

Fine in FF

It brings up the same error if you use FF with IEtab as well

R2x1
28-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I will refrain from commenting about sites being messed up just to suit a non-standard (sub-standard?) browser like IE.x

Erayd
28-10-2008, 09:20 PM
...They say this error is caused by the end user and has nothing to do with them at there end. I can download from other sites with IE7 with no problems.

Question who is right with this issue. Is it a end user problem or theres....

They're talking rubbish - a a 403 error is caused by the server, not the client.