PDA

View Full Version : This Drive isn't Configured Correctly (Code 1)

BedfordsStitch
27-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Hi eveyone, i'm now to this website and the forum and since this is a New Zealand Website I will say that I am emailing you from the United Kingdom. My question is about the above error massage. I haven't just reinstalled the operating system and the error is appearing with other devices. Can anyone tell me how to fix it, I am trying to install an external CDRW drive. It worked on my PC until the PC packed up but the laptop just refuses to do the same.

Any suggestions would be very much welcomed.

Thank you in advance! Just one more thing would this error me solved by upgrading the operating system?

Speedy Gonzales
27-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum

Whats the brand/model of this CDRW??

Does the laptop have its own cd / burner on it??

How did you connect the CDRW? USB or other?

Try going to device manager / select the burner, then delete it. Then go to control panel / add hardware. See if Wndows finds it again, then configures it properly.

Sweep
27-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome to PressF1.

It would help if we knew which operating system you are running.

This from TECHNET may help. I could not paste the URL for some reason.

Error Message:
This device is not configured correctly (Code 1). To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. If that doesnít work, see your hardware documentation for more information.Translation:
Although this error message is pretty explicit, itís helpful to know whatís behind it. Win2000 contains a ConfigFlags (data that reflects a deviceís current status) value for every device in the Windows Registry. In this case, the device has been enumerated (detected), but the Device Manager wasnít able to find an associated inf file, which is necessary to finish configuring the device. Therefore, the ConfigFlags value for this device was never set. This happens when you install a new piece of hardware but, when prompted for a device driver, fail to install the correct driver.
Solution:
Click the Update Driver button. If the Update Driver button isnít on the General tab, click the Driver tab and then click Update Driver. Youíll need the driver software to complete the installation. Check with the manufacturer to be sure you have the latest drivers.