PDA

View Full Version : Dial up notification

27-05-2001, 01:28 PM
Every time I switch on the Dial up box appears when i push X 4 times it dissappears then an illegal message headed msdrv comes up when I close that 4 times it also dissappears - how do I stop it coming up

27-05-2001, 10:44 PM
This may or may not work, but give it a go and see what happens.

In the control panel double click on Internet Options. Select the Connections tab. You should see your connection listed there. Make sure that 'Never Dial a Connection' is selected. This will stop internet explorer trying to connect to the internet when it thinks a connection is required.

This may also suggest that there is a program trying to access the internet when you start up the computer. Check in your Startup menu in under programs in the start menu and check to see what programs listed there might be trying to access the internet.

Also, if you go to Start and Run and type msconfig then click on the startup tab it will give you a list of all the programs that start with windows. You can take the tick out the boxes to stop the program from starting with windows, but be careful, if you don't know what a program is, then leave it be, programs such as Systray are required for windows to function properly.