PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

27-05-2001, 12:24 PM
Last time I tried to use my scanner the system was unable to access it, saying that another application was using it. I have tried rebooting to no avail. I tried uninstalling the scanner and reinstalling it. It would not reinstall, giving an illegal operation message. I had to retrieve the scanner software using GoBack. Currently out of ideas. Anybody else have any?

27-05-2001, 01:31 PM
You won't see it now, but another program must have been running at the time. To look for 'hidden' programs, click Start, Run. Type in MSCONFIG (Win 98 or higher). Check the last Tab for a list of things that start up. You can 'untick' things to stop them running. The entry stays there to 're-tick' if you need it back. You can also check your 'Startup' group, win.ini etc for programs set to load at start-up.

28-05-2001, 08:20 AM
Ross, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have already done as you suggested, but without success. I have also closed down everything bar windows and the scanner, using the control alt delete combination, also without success......so what now i ask?