PDA

View Full Version : Two questions Web / HDD

DeSade
23-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Is there a better way to check a HDD thats been sitting around for a while than plugging it into a external enclosure and into a working PC?

There is a website that has a lot of video on it, mainly SWF files as far as I can tell. For whatever reason the flash player only plays every 2nd or 3rd vid which is very annoying since they are in sequence.

It has a little viewer thats about the size of one of the side adds here and that tends to run ok, but when you hit the watch in bigger screen icon nothing happens, the screen comes up but the video does not start.

My question is two-fold,
How can I fix this?
and
How can I download all Video content and view it off line on a player of some sort, as the problem might be NZ DSL's ability to stream properly.

Browser is Firefox 3. something (whatever latest version is, it updates itself)
Any help appreciated

pctek
23-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Plug it in direct to the PC.

Use a different media player?

DeSade
23-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks pctek the HDD confirms what I thought.

Can you elaborate on the 2nd answer though please.
What player?
Is there something I can use to "grab" the video library of a site?

Bantu
24-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Is there a better way to check a HDD thats been sitting around for a while than plugging it into a external enclosure and into a working PC?

DeSade I have one of these things which has been handy enough for using and checking HDD's.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Peripherals/Other/auction-183050914.htm

pctek
24-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Depends what you want to play. I use VLC for most things.

You can capture streaming movie clips and play offline with various tools - depends what it uses to play - I have a Flash patch so I can view them later, for instance.