PDA

View Full Version : 9 Questions

mathsgood
21-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone

I've just got some quick questions.

1. I've just added "Lock Workstation" to The Start Menu, but in Start Menu Properties it says its a "Manufacturer Link". Can I rename this? Also, can I add "Lock Workstation" to a context menu?

2. Similar to question 1, how can I make a Manufacturer Link in the Start Menu?

3. How can you "delete" an email account? For example, I want to delete somebody@hotmail.com, how would I do that?

4. How can I setup faxing so that when I go to File>Print I can see Fax there? I have got a printer.

5. When I right click a folder in the All Programs menu and select Open, Open All Users, Explore or Explore All Users it shows 2 windows before it opens. Those are the Move to... and the Copy to.... Copy ot comes first, then the Move to. How can I make it so it doesn't do this?

5. How can I add "Compress (zipped) Folder" to my Send To menu?

6. Take a look at this. (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/New_Tab_error.bmp) This happens when I open a new tab in IE7. How can I fix this?

Thanks alot

mathsgood
21-10-2008, 04:19 PM
oops! It supposed to be 6 Questions for the title, not 9

Sorry about that

pcuser42
21-10-2008, 04:22 PM
To delete an email account, log into that account and hunt for a 'delete account' option.

Compressed (zipped) folder is on your Send To menu by default. :stare:

Speedy Gonzales
21-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Is the printer a fax??

If it is, then you dont need anything in windows to fax

Or is something like Winfax installed?

Ans to Q5. Pass I dont have copy and move there. However I do have both in my computer as an option. So, I can copy or move files wherever. It was a reg file, I downloaded. if you dont want them there, then dont go to that option

You probably need a reg file to do it for you (for Q1/2). Or find something in Google to show you where to go in the registry to change it

wainuitech
21-10-2008, 05:53 PM
No6 - try this in IE, tools/Internet Options on the general Tab, near the bottom Tabs/Settings, click Restore Defaults, then if you want tick the option to open Home page instead of Blank (if you want)

Don't know if This is what you want (http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/add-lock-workstation-xp-start-menu/)for Q1 -2 have a look also at the Ref " how to remove OEM link - bit of info there that may help.

jwil1
21-10-2008, 07:37 PM
No 2 - copy this into a reg file (for Win XP)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}]
@="item title text goes here"
"InfoTip"="Tooltip text goes here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Icon\\Path\\Goes\\Here.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\Instance\InitPropertyBag]
"Command"="item title goes here"
"Param1"="C:\\Path\\Goes\\Here.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\StartMenu\StartPanel\ShowOEMLi nk]
"NoOEMLinkInstalled"=dword:00000000

And yes, C:\\Path\\Goes\\Here.exe does occur twice - they should contain the same text.

The target file can be an EXE or HTM file (or others I think).

jwil1
21-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Oops... that should be "item title goes here" occurs twice.....