PDA

View Full Version : Ageing mouse.

Cicero
21-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a Logitech mouse,which needs to be clicked twice and sometimes three times instead of just the once,not as sensitive as it was.
Do we all suffer this in time?
I quite fancy the MX1100 but seem a lot for a mouse,what is suggested?

wratterus
21-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Stick with Logitech, they are good.

That MX1100 is nice, but pretty much all Logitech's mice are.

Find one that suits budget/features you need and go for it.

Cicero
21-10-2008, 06:06 PM
There are 2 points,
Anybody have their mouse become less sensitive?
Which Logitech has been found to be good?
I think we are all aware that Logitech are good,mind you I could be wrong.

gary67
21-10-2008, 06:26 PM
My MS wireless notebook 6000 has been great so far now 3 years old and still going strong and I like the magnify button on the side it's so useful when you don't want to zoom in losing the whole document/picture. This mouse is slightly smaller and suits my hand so much better than just about everything else I have tried to date and I use it on my desktop all the time seeing as I don't own a laptop

wainuitech
21-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Had one of the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer's (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003) that I use here start doing funny things on the left click, sometimes you would have to click it several times other times it was fine- it was about 3 years old.

What you need to do is get one that feels comfortable for you , the user, no good if they are uncomfortable.

Jen
21-10-2008, 06:42 PM
The actual "click" mechanisms in the mouse can become faulty. I busted the middle click on my last mouse and it took several "clicks" each time until one registered. Drove me up the wall.

The Logitech mouse you mention looks good, but it is important it feels right in your palm. Some mice feel awkward or the shape is a little too weird. Go to a few shops that stock a range of mice and try them out.

Cicero
21-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks all.
Had this mouse for about 3 years,seems not uncommon to pack up after about that sort of time.

jwil1
21-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a budget Logitech one ($30 from DSE :D) and the right mouse button required 2 presses. That was for about 2-3 weeks and it was (and still it) fine.

Still, I recommend Logi or MS.

utopian201
22-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Its because the contact between the mouse button and the actual click component has worn down. If you're keen on keeping the same mouse, open it up and simply add some filler to where the button makes contact with the clicker.

If you're keen on a new mouse, i'd recommend logitech and MS as well. Other brands (especially the cheaper ones like genius and no name generic ones) tend to have more give in the mouse button before it clicks, which I cannot stand.

Although I have heard that logitech is let down by its software.

Cicero
22-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Its because the contact between the mouse button and the actual click component has worn down. If you're keen on keeping the same mouse, open it up and simply add some filler to where the button makes contact with the clicker.

If you're keen on a new mouse, i'd recommend logitech and MS as well. Other brands (especially the cheaper ones like genius and no name generic ones) tend to have more give in the mouse button before it clicks, which I cannot stand.

Although I have heard that logitech is let down by its software.
Will have a look at that,repair that is.
I was very happy with mouse,until it started missing, as it were.

wratterus
22-10-2008, 03:33 PM
My 3 year old MS Intellimouse Explorer has just started giving up, if you click the scroll button (eg to open a link in a new tab in FF) 5 or 6 tabs open. Extremely annoying. :p

Cicero
22-10-2008, 03:37 PM
My 3 year old MS Intellimouse Explorer has just started giving up, if you click the scroll button (eg to open a link in a new tab in FF) 5 or 6 tabs open. Extremely annoying. :p

Like me you are going to have to get gorse out of pockets.:eek:

Richardd150
22-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I have a PC company mouse I got with a system in 2000-2001, still going strong after years of point and click gaming eg Baldurs gate and the like. I've had subsequent systems but I always go back to that mouse, it's so comfortable.
Wanna bet it's broken when I get home?

Cicero
22-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a PC company mouse I got with a system in 2000-2001, still going strong after years of point and click gaming eg Baldurs gate and the like. I've had subsequent systems but I always go back to that mouse, it's so comfortable.
Wanna bet it's broken when I get home?
Good to hear you PC mouse worked better than the company.