PDA

View Full Version : Chess Titans

jcr1
19-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Chess Titans; comes with Vista, is an excellent game.
As far as I can tell, it's not available for XP.
Anyone got any ideas about a good alternative, for XP?

wainuitech
19-10-2008, 12:33 PM
You cant install the Vista Version in XP, but This one here (http://brutal-chess.en.softonic.com/) looks close - and it says its 3D - never tried it - but may later :D

Edited: just installed it - its OK but only give 1 angle - If you go to the Main Site, Top Left logo and type in 3D Chess in the search, it brings up several others , both free and Evaluation.

Richard
19-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Just installed it too. Right click on the board and drag to change viewing angle. I find response to moving pieces to be erratic. :(

jcr1
20-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Just installed it too. Right click on the board and drag to change viewing angle. I find response to moving pieces to be erratic. :(

I did too. Actually a bit too erratic to be useful.

wainuitech
20-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I did too. Actually a bit too erratic to be useful. Bit odd, its smooth as on the PC I'm using ?? What are the graphics you have - eg What graphic Card

jcr1
20-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Bit odd, its smooth as on the PC I'm using ?? What are the graphics you have - eg What graphic Card

That's a good point:eek:

On board graphics; VIA/S3G.
From time-to-time, I've thought about upgrading, but never really seriously thought about it, as I'm not a gamer......until now!