PDA

View Full Version : lost iexplorer.exe

26-05-2001, 01:20 PM
I have lost my surfboard.
I cannot open any web pages and my hotmail. I get told that windows cannot find iexplorer.exe. I have re-installed windows and performed numerous scan checks, but to no avail.
When I want to delete internet explorer with the idea of re-installing,it offers to repair the damages instead. I then get told that internet explorer cannot be repaired and am told to re-instal. I have done that several times but it makes no difference. Is there anybody who can help as I am stranded without my surfboard. Many thanks Rikki

26-05-2001, 08:35 PM
Hi Rikki, check the folder Program Files and see if there is a folder in it called !$!$!$!$.ier If there is then your problem is described in Q189168 on the MS knowledge base. Since you do not have any means of reading the article on the MS support web page repost and I or some one will post the article verbatim.
HTH PC

27-05-2001, 02:53 PM
The file name is actually iexplore.exe

Hope this helps,
Tim

28-05-2001, 07:56 PM
you are not using IE 6 by any chance are you..
do a file search and look for...iemigrat.dll, if you have that file delete and try reinstalling again, you may have to reload windows to do it though...
good luck

29-05-2001, 12:15 AM
Thank you Peter for your help. I searched for the file you mentioned, but alas no such file popped up.
After having spent days trying to find a solution i have called it a day.
I managed to open the xtra homepage and downloaded Neoplanet. This will do me meanwhile.
The trouble started when my pc had a virus. The virus checker I downloaded was too thorough While I got rid of the virus I also lost a number of files iexplore.exe being one of them.
But I am learning all the time. Many thanks

29-05-2001, 12:16 AM
Thank you Peter for your help. I searched for the file you mentioned, but alas no such file popped up.
After having spent days trying to find a solution i have called it a day.
I managed to open the xtra homepage and downloaded Neoplanet. This will do me meanwhile.
The trouble started when my pc had a virus. The virus checker I downloaded was too thorough While I got rid of the virus I also lost a number of files iexplore.exe being one of them.
But I am learning all the time. Many thanks

29-05-2001, 12:21 AM
Thank you Jim and Tim for your suggestions.
Rikki