PDA

View Full Version : unable to delete win fax pro

starrekin61
17-10-2008, 08:40 AM
hi people. can someone please lead me in the right direction here?
The program is Symantec Win Fax Pro. It has been corrupted and in trying to remove it, error message keeps coming up saying that there is another person or program trying to access a temp file associated with it. This computer is also running Norton.
I am helping the person remotely. I had her access her windows temp folder and there is a perflib_perfdata.714 file which can not be deleted.
Here is my question - is it the conflict with Norton and the Symantec Live Update that will not allow her to delete it or is it the perflib_perfdata file that is the cause? She was able to install and uninstall the program previously.
Any clues as to what to do here?
PS - We work as virtual office assistants together. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
17-10-2008, 08:52 AM
See if the removal tool will remove it (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2007080716293339?Open&docid=2005033108162039&nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid)

But if you want to uninstall Winfax, since it uses Liveupdate (And whatever other Norton programs you use).

That error maybe appearing, if youre trying to uninstall LU as well