PDA

View Full Version : Seagate RMA

hueybot3000
15-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey i have two dead Seagate 320 Gig Harddrives and have just started goin through the warranty process

They want me to send them to singapore...Surely theres somewhere closer?

SolMiester
15-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey i have two dead Seagate 320 Gig Harddrives and have just started goin through the warranty process

They want me to send them to singapore...Surely theres somewhere closer?

Haha, no way!!!...Singapore?....

Arnie
15-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Who did you buy them from deal with them!!!!!!!!!

hueybot3000
15-10-2008, 03:51 PM
it just seems a bit stupid to me

hueybot3000
15-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Who did you buy them from deal with them!!!!!!!!!

urcomputer

they give a one year warranty which they are out on but still under seagates warranty

Speedy Gonzales
15-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Get in touch with Samsung Singapore

A similar thing happened, a few yrs ago, when my previous P4 CPU was 1/2 fried by a power point / surge here.

All, I did was get in touch with Intel. They gave me a #. Sent me papers to fill in. I packed it up with the fan/heatsink, a courier picked it up.

It went to Malaysia. Intel paid for it. And the replacment (free of charge), came 2 weeks later

It was lucky I had a spare CPU in the meantime

hueybot3000
15-10-2008, 03:54 PM
how would samsung help? ive tried ringing but it doesnt go anywhere

Speedy Gonzales
15-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Send an email then. Someone will get it

Or take them back to the shop. Let them deal with it

wainuitech
15-10-2008, 04:42 PM
urcomputer

they give a one year warranty which they are out on but still under seagates warrantyIts up to them to replace the Drives, no big deal, they should simply RMA them from their supplier and replacements sent, as long as they are faulty when checked . Depending on what drives - Seagate Drives have 3-5 year warranties.

I would expect turnaround time of about a week - that's what I get from my suppliers, usually less. ( My RMA's go to Auckland)

hueybot3000
15-10-2008, 04:46 PM
after talkin to seagate im sendin it to oz, apparently thats the closest

trinsic
15-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I sent off my drives to Singapore. Talk about crap :(

I ended up with some even better drives though (the fastest single platter 7200.10 drives).

wratterus
15-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I've always sent to Singapore, they are very good and the turnaround time is amazing, considering they are going that far. normally costs about $20 to send a drive, seems reasonable to me. I'd much rather go straight to seagate than whoever I bought it from, thats if the drive is out of it's normal 1 year straight replacement warranty from wherever you bought it from.

Trev
15-10-2008, 05:17 PM
after talkin to seagate im sendin it to oz, apparently thats the closest

I would be getting the dealer to do all that. You are covered by the CGA.

http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/consumerinfo/cga/index.html
Its the dealers responsibility to sort it not yours.
:)

wainuitech
15-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I would be getting the dealer to do all that. You are covered by the CGA.

http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/consumerinfo/cga/index.html
Its the dealers responsibility to sort it not yours.
:) No need to even bring the CGA into it really - Quite simple, Trev's right -:thumbs: get the dealer to sort it - Assuming they brought the drives from a NZ importer, the shop fills out a RMA to the NZ supplier - gets a RMA number - drives sent - NZ supplier tests drives, replaces if faulty, shop gives them to customer. The NZ supplier handles the dealings with seagate.

The 1 year warranty is put on by the shop - NOT seagate.

pctek
16-10-2008, 08:03 AM
get the dealer to sort it - , the shop fills out a RMA to the NZ supplier - gets a RMA number - drives sent - NZ supplier tests drives, replaces if faulty, shop gives them to customer. The NZ supplier handles the dealings with seagate.

Thats great if he bought it from an ethical, decent shop. Obviously he didn't or they wouldn't be saying 1 year.

I have come across this before, and if the shop won't budge, you can go through the long involved fight process or the much faster return to Seagate process.

Its fast. Real fast. I was surprised how fast considering its SIngapore.

Next time the idea is to buy from a reputable shop.

wainuitech
16-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Next time the idea is to buy from a reputable shop. Theres the key words :thumbs: we have seen this happen a few times - a reputable shop, may cost a dollar or two more but the backup service is worth it.