PDA

View Full Version : Audio Tape to CD.

Poppa John
13-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi All.
This question has been done to death already, but please bear with me.

Headphone socket on tape player to Input socket on computer.
Can I record directly onto the HD then onto a CD?
Do I need to run it thro Audacity first?
Thanks PJ

Speedy Gonzales
13-10-2008, 10:07 AM
You'll have to use a program to record it, then use another program so it converts the recorded files/s to cd fomat, before you burn it

Poppa John
13-10-2008, 10:18 AM
You'll have to use a program to record it, then use another program so it converts the recorded files/s to cd fomat, before you burn it

I thought that wuold be the case. I see also that Audacity is not Free anymore. Any reccomendations for summat else? PJ

Speedy Gonzales
13-10-2008, 10:31 AM
You sure about that??

The audacity site, doesnt say anything about having to pay for it

CDburnerxp should be able to convert while its burning to cd fomat, after you record whatever

Trev
13-10-2008, 10:57 AM
You shouldn't have to convert to anything after you have recorded it to your computer. Just make sure in the process you save it as a wave file or mp3, should have that option in your recording software, once done that just burn it to cd.
:)

Poppa John
13-10-2008, 12:32 PM
You sure about that??

The audacity site, doesnt say anything about having to pay for it

CDburnerxp should be able to convert while its burning to cd fomat, after you record whatever

I tried to D/L audacity but did not find a Free version. Where are you looking?
As I followed the D/L instructions I had to fill in questions Then ended up at a pay site. PJ

Trev
13-10-2008, 12:41 PM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Click on Download Audacity 1.2.6 then next page click on Audacity 1.2.6 installer.
:)

Poppa John
13-10-2008, 02:50 PM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Click on Download Audacity 1.2.6 then next page click on Audacity 1.2.6 installer.
:)Thanks. that is what I already did. However, I did not look closely enough at the orange banner at the top of the page. All fixed now. Thanks again People. PJ