PDA

View Full Version : Dotblu

pcuser7895
12-10-2008, 02:10 PM
i just got and email from my friend saying i was sent a private message. and there was sum dotblu thing on it, what is dotblu/ is it spam

Blam
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Dotblu is a social networking service, but don't sign up, it seems dangerous (http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=221457).

pcuser7895
12-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Do u think my friend did send me that email or did dotblu send me it to make me sign up?
I don't think my friend would try to send me an email to get me signed up to a service but it says the email is from my friend.

Blam
12-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I highly doubt your friend sent this-if its like other social networking services it just sends an email to everyone on their contact list

pcuser7895
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
how did i get on dotblu's contact list and how did they that email address was my friend's? r they in my inbox?

gary67
12-10-2008, 02:38 PM
I would say one of your friends has a virus in their contacts folder that is sending out stuff

Blam
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I would say one of your friends has a virus in their contacts folder that is sending out stuff

Or-some social networking services ask you to sign in with your msn/gmail/hotmail and then sends emails to all your contacts

pcuser7895
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
ok, i then i better go tell my friend, how old is dotblu? if new ill tell my friend to update antivirus then do scan

pcuser7895
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Or-some social networking services ask you to sign in with your msn/gmail/hotmail and then sends emails to all your contacts

do u mean when windows live messenger says u have an email, u open windows live mail and then theres no mail:eek:

Blam
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
do u mean when windows live messenger says u have an email, u open windows live mail and then theres no mail:eek:

No......?

korndog
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Dotblu used to be Blubet.

Read about it at this blog: http://companiesactingbadly.blogspot.com/2008/08/boo-to-dotblue.html

dotblu
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi there,

I'm Scott, the community manager on dotblu.com I just wanted to clarify some of the issues that folks seem to be having with dotblu:

We don't send emails simply for registering on dotblu. Like most social networking sites, we offer a feature to send invitations to join dotblu to your email contacts, by entering your email address and password. The page that offers this feature is very clear that it is intended to send invitations, and there is a link at the bottom to do it later, it's not necessary for registration.

The email itself is a friend invitation, it informs you that you have received a friend request on dotblu, and that you can register to accept the request.

dotblu is not a gambling site. You play games with a fake currency called blubucks, and can use the blubucks you win playing the games to purchase items to decorate your profile. You are not required to spend any real money to participate in dotblu, all of the features and games are free.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at scott@dotblu.com

Scott
dotblu admin