PDA

View Full Version : Simple iPod Query

willbry
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I want to play through my TV, iPod movie clips and view photos. On the front TV panel I have from L to R an S-Video and 3 RCA's [ Yellow Video and Red and White audios ] I have just returned from DSE after seeking the appropriate cable.
The guy however said that to view and hear movie clips using an iPod you have to use a special lead produced specifically for Ipods costing $100. Is he having me on ? What a rip off ! If not can I simply buy a standard 4 pin S video lead with phono connection at the other end or do I need the triple male plug lead or is DSE unfortunately correct? By the way, just to rub salt into the wound, he said other MP3 players can do the job using a standard connection from player to TV but not iPods.

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I take it youre talking about Video ipods??

If you are, you probably need the dock with the plugs on it first. Since Ipods AFAIK, dont have them on it. And it would have to support video obviously

Other than that, burn them to DVD

Bantu
12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
One of the cables that came with my Sony HDV Video Camera works fine on my iPod Touch to play video/audio on the TV. The TV Converter cables have the same pins.

Like this

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/48f1643500ff50ae273fc0a87f3b06e1/Product/View/C9748

willbry
12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Bantu . $20 a lot cheaper than $100 but unfortunately end of line . Still it seems that Belkin will work with iPods. Different from the informationthe salesman told me.