PDA

View Full Version : Google thinks I'm a bot

somebody
12-10-2008, 11:16 AM
When searching on Google using FF3, I keep getting these messages:

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.

If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Google Web Search Help Center.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

What's most annoying, is often it doesn't show me the CAPTCHA image it wants me to enter to prove that I'm human, and even after I enter it, it'll redirect me to this page.

I'm fairly confident that my PC does not have any malware or anything like that on it, so I'm a little stumped as to why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2008, 11:23 AM
By the looks of it, it maybe broken, or spammers have cracked it.

Same goes for the Yahoo, and Hotmail Captcha images

In other words its stuffed

Renmoo
12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
"Google thinks I'm a bot" - prove to us otherwise :p

What sort of things were you googling for?

Cheers :)

somebody
12-10-2008, 12:25 PM
"Google thinks I'm a bot" - prove to us otherwise :p

What sort of things were you googling for?

Cheers :)

Well.... done exact phrase I was googling was "ASP.NET MVC release date", and variations around that.

The point is, I can understand why Google is being extra careful with Gmail, now that their captcha has been broken. But in any case, what is my browser doing that's making Google worried in the first place?

gary67
12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
"ASP.NET MVC ?

googled this in FF3 and went to the results and links opened fine for me

somebody
12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
googled this in FF3 and went to the results and links opened fine for me

It seems to be an intermittent issue. Last time it happened, I did a HijackThis scan, and nothing abnormal came up.

Jen
12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
But in any case, what is my browser doing that's making Google worried in the first place?May be it is your IP and its range that's being tagged at the moment?

somebody
12-10-2008, 12:37 PM
May be it is your IP and its range that's being tagged at the moment?

Hmm... good point - anyone else on TelstraClear's Wellington IP range also having this issue??

Peter H
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Telstra clear have been blocked by a lot of overseas ISP's as sending spam. I keep getting Emails returned, and a call to their help line confirmed this. Google in their number, and you will find out a bit more.:stare: