PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard malfunctioned?

Renmoo
12-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Dear all,
After having my laptop serviced for the graphics card defect, I find that some of the keys on my keyboard do not work as expected. For instance, I need to press "Ctrl + Tab + Tab" instead of "Ctrl + Tab" in order to switch between web pages on Firefox, and "Ctrl + Backspace + Backspace" instead of "Ctrl + Backspace" in order to clear one word at a time. On top of that, sometimes the "Z" and "R" keys do not work properly. However, shortcut keys like "Ctrl + Z" and "Ctrl + X" work fine.

I just want to check that this is not a Windows problem before I send off again (sigh) to fix this minor hiccup.

Cheers :)

jwil1
12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Try loading a Linux live CD and see if it still happens.

PENTIUM
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Ignor the unhelpful remarks from our irrelevant friend.
No it is not a windows fault.
The repair people will be happy to fix the keyboard fault, if it is only since they 'fixed' the other problem you mention.

Blam
12-10-2008, 07:33 PM

Jeez-thats a bit harsh:eek: -he was only trying to help:)

beeswax34
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
The repair people will be happy to fix the keyboard fault, if it is only since they 'fixed' the other problem you mention.

Easy there sunshine. That's a very relevant troubleshooting step. Its good to confirm that its not the software that's causing the problem before sending the hardware off (again) for repair.

Chilling_Silence
12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
PENTIUM, you need to hold your tongue a little.
Its actually quite a good suggestion, means you dont have to mess around with things like windows regional settings, keyboard layouts etc.

If you boot a LiveCD and theres still an issue, then as said, it can be sent back immediately!

Renmoo
06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Just a quick update: I've just got it checked by the ASUS support centre. It turns out that the keyboard was at fault, and now it has been replaced by a new keyboard set.

Cheers :)