PDA

View Full Version : Some Audio assistance please :-)

John W
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi there

Ive made an attempt to replicate the flipping sound you used to get when listening to an Airport Departures/Arrivals info board update, the rapid flipping sound as characters rotate around a spindle.

But, its not a very good attempt and Im wondering if someone out there with more experience in Audio can improve on the attempt Ive made.

You can hear the effect on this website http://cyclingotago.co.nz/rtc1009/index.htm

The length of the file and rate of "flips" is fine, but the sounds has too much base and there a little too much echo.

Ive tried looking for the genuine sound Online, all I can locate is that of playing cards flipping over which is way to fast, as Im trying to match the pictures fliping with the sound, on the above website.

Many thanks

John in Mosgiel.

pctek
09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Hmmm, got to an airport and record the sound?

wratterus
09-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Find a movie with that in? I know one of the Bourne movies had that in it, although chances are there was background music too.

John W
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, Ive managed a work around, Ive bought a small Flash program that mimics the airport split character flapping effect, sound and all.

PM me know if you want to know the work around.

Jen
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't hear any sound using Firefox.