PDA

View Full Version : msn gone

mrplane
08-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi , is there a problem with msn live at the moment, i cant get msn messenger to open, or hotmail.Also tried to go to microsoft.com and cant get into that either

Driftwood
08-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Both working for me.

Blam
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Are there any errors?
Try to be a bit more specific

mrplane
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
ok, when i try to log into windows live messenger, it wont connect, i tried to go to msn.com and the web page wont load, it s like its searching for it. It seems to be with any webpage to do with msn or microsoft it wont open. I,m on xnet and tried with ie7 and firefox

Blam
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Have you tried unplugging your router for 20 seconds and replugging?
If that doesn't work can you access the M$ website when you use a proxy such as this (http://silentagent.info/)?

Speedy Gonzales
08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Are you on the torrent plan? (http://www.xnet.co.nz/cgi-bin/status.cgi?id=406)

wainuitech
08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
You can try to re register the Messenger, for some reason it might be playing up.

Edited: unless its what speedy posted with that plan - then ignore below.

First make a restore point, Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/ System Restore.

The then try the following:

From the start menu select run and type these 3 registry fixes one at a time, hitting enter after each entry:

regsvr32 Softpub.dll

regsvr32 Mssip32.dll

regsvr32 Initpki.dll

Try Messenger.

mrplane
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
not on torrent, was working fine this morning, came on , tirned on and no go, tried restoring back to this morning and still no good

mrplane
08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
i can get into microsoft if i go through a proxy

Blam
08-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Try updating your network card-I saw this on quite a few websites.
Run>type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotes)>double click network adapters>Select one>right click>update driver. Or if it doesn't work(seems like you can't access M$ services, find the manufacturer of the network card in Device Manager and manually download and install the new driver.

Good Luck:D
Blam

lakewoodlady
08-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Well I was having probs with MSN this morning and with Skype this afternoon. I'm with xnet fusion. Connection kept on dropping off every few mins. I wondered if it was something to do with Dos attacks they've been getting and are still getting I believe.

mrplane
08-10-2008, 08:57 PM
i just tried connecting up my old pc and same prob, so it not my pc, will try again in morning and if no luck will try xnet and see what they have to say

wlgspotter
08-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi:

Just tested mine and yes can't load microsoft.com or msn.com either. And I'm also having issues accessing ITMS and stuff.co.nz as well!

I'm on Xnet Fusion, had the issue with affecting some of their torrent users but it appear to be fixed. Everything appeared fine until about 8+pm when it started playing up.

Have email Xnet help desk about this, guess I'll only ge a reply tomorrow at the earliest.

mrplane
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
problem resolved, xnet had a problem with there network. Thanks everbody for you help