PDA

View Full Version : Pantone Huey monitor calibration system

R.M.
07-10-2008, 05:56 AM
I know there are a number of photographers here. Does anyone know where (in NZ) I can buy the above? There was a site advertising this a year ago, but when I went looking at the weekend, they no longer seem to have an monitor callibration software/hardware.

Has anyone any experience with callibrating their monitors for colour accuracy with the above (or other brands)? I am essentially trying to get what I print to match what I see in Photoshop...Initially when I bought my Samsung monitor last year, it was all pretty good, but now things have gone 'off' a bit, and I'm getting frustrated trying to get it again. :badpc:

Any help would be appreciated. :)

autechre
07-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Haven't seen the Pantone one around, but the ColourVision one is available here (http://www.photowarehouse.co.nz/datacolor/software+and+colour+management/colour+management/?&catul=catul-19-2-0) amongst other places.

I haven't bought or tried one, but probably should look at investing in one so prints come out accurately.

utopian201
07-10-2008, 08:15 AM
I dont know where you can buy them in NZ, but other good hardware calibrators are made by Lacie. The Spyder pro are supposed to be quite good too.

But I think these will be wasted on a TN lcd, as TN lcds can only display 262k colours natively and use dithering to reach 16.7m

R.M.
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for that. :)