PDA

View Full Version : End Program - WMS Idle

Lurking
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
What does this stand four, I presume it's Windows Management System. Why on XP SP3 and not on XP Pro?

Thanks for definition.

Lurking

Jen
03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Does this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921113) apply to you?

Lurking
04-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Jen, yes that's the one.

Our daughter has given us this pc, which she used to get her BA using a lot of Student allowable software. I can't see the one mentioned in your link.

Will work through the solution given and come back to you.

Thanks.

Lurking

Lurking
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Jen, that fix did not work

Will wait for daughter to come over and fix it.

Lurks.

k8smum
07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Apologies for reactivating this post if it's already been resolved, but I was searching for something else, found this thread, and thought I'd pass on a fix for this issue that worked perfectly for me - just in case anyone needs it. It appears the problem relates to Nero. Here it is:
Click Start--> Programs --> Nero(v7, v7 essentials, v8 ) --> Tools --> Nero Scout.
This opens Nero Scout options window.
On the left hand column, click Indexing --> Folders.
Then at the bottom click Clear All.
Then click Apply.
At the top left hand corner of the window uncheck the box where it says Enable Nero Scout.
Then click Apply.
Then click OK.

Cheers

wratterus
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
k8smum is right on the money.

If her suggestion doesn't work, post a hijackthis log and we can tell you which processs need to go to fix this issue. :)

On 2nd thoughts, I should have checked the date first. :D

Ill leave the comment there though, it is Nero that causes it. killing all the Nero entries in Hijackthis will fix the problem. I think it's the NMIndexingService that causes the issue, but I can't remember for sure.

Lurking
07-11-2008, 08:48 PM
k8smum and wratterus, thanks for replies.

This pc was son-in-law's and he is a musician and has burnt a lot songs on the DVD and CD writers and presume he used the Nero software for this.

k8smum, have just done as you suggest and will now go out and see what happens.

Will come back in and say thanks again if it works. lol.

Lurks.

Lurking
07-11-2008, 09:08 PM
k8smum and wratterus, that seems to have fixed the problem.

The main word processing program being used is Microsoft Word 2002 (regd) SP3, which I use for a Genealogy Chat Room.

Have just been into that site twice using the copy/paste from Word so will see what happens when I shut down the "beast".

Lurks.

57blair
18-03-2009, 03:33 AM
I also have the WMS Idle problem. I tried the End Programs>Nero 7>Tools>Scout and Scout did not open. I also went to Explore>Programs>Nero 7>Toolkit and Scout was not there. Any ideas now?
Thanks!

wratterus
18-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Gidday mate, Welcome to PressF1. :)

Grab HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HiJackThis.exe) (<-- direct link)- run it and save a log. Copy and paste the contents of the log here.