PDA

View Full Version : Outlook shared contacts not appearing as an address book

bardin
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
In Outlook 2003, I have added another person's contacts folder, but can't access it from the address books drop-down list when I go into the To field of a new email . I can only send emails to the contacts in it by clicking on the contact itself (i.e. the long way around).

I have gone into the properties of the contacts, and unlike my own contacts there is no option to tick to 'Show this folder as an email adderss book.' (I have owner rights on the shared contacts)

I have also gone into Address Books, Tools->Options, but the shared contacts doesn't show up there and I can see now way to add it.

I've gone ino the properties of my email account (it's on an Exchange server) and played with the address books settings...no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brendan

wainuitech
03-10-2008, 12:44 PM
See if This MS Article (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA011956741033.aspx) is of any help. Exchange Server settings are down near the bottom.

SolMiester
03-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah, its one thing to share the contacts, you can view easy enough, however they dont appear as a list when using the 'To' function when creating a new mail.

As long as its only one contact, you can view them, right click and create message though.