PDA

View Full Version : Installation Probs

clevertrev
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a wee problem that someone out there may be able to help with. I have a fully paid version of AVG Internet Security that will download successfully but when I try to run it, it pops up with a message saying that the 'application configuration is incorrect - reinstalling the application may fix this problem'. Now I have reinstalled the program 5 or 6 times but with no success. I thought maybe it was a C++ redistribution problem and downloaded the latest version of this but still no go. I have also successfully installed other programs while AVG has been playing up. Any ideas before I dump AVG altogether and go with another product??? I would be very grateful for any assistance!!

Cheers
Trev:confused:

nofam
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Have you tried Googling the error message, or checking the AVG forums for help?

clevertrev
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks nofam - will try Googling the prob and checking out AVG Forums to see what I can find!

Agent_24
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
If you have a paid version of AVG you should be able to get proper support, not just on a forum. contact them directly

gary67
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
If it's the free version swap to Avast instead, if not and you paid for it then definitely contact them direct

clevertrev
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for your advice everyone. I did contact AVG support and after emailing to and fro all day they finally sent me the files required to fix it! You guys rock!:punk