PDA

View Full Version : Please, what is this effect called and more importantly...

John W
29-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi there

Can someone please tell my what the effect on this website, opening Flash annimation is called.

http://www.enform.co.nz/

It lasts 5 or 6 seconds, where the boards flip from grey to forming part of a picture.

Ideas on how its done appreciated.

Thanks

John in Mosgiel.

gum digger
29-09-2008, 03:38 PM
blind transition type?

John W
29-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok, its called Pixel Disolve transitions, commonly known in Powerpoint as Checkerboard transitions, available in Flash CS3, sob which I cant afford, sob...

So, if someone lucky enough to have CS3, could create and example for my in Flash ( I will send pics ) Id be very thankful.

PixelDissolve transition
ActionScript Class Name mx.transitions.PixelDissolve

Parameters
xSections An integer that indicates the number of masking rectangle sections along the horizontal axis. The recommended range is 1 to 50.

ySections An integer that indicates the number of masking rectangle sections along the vertical axis. The recommended range is 1 to 50.

Description
A transition effect: Reveals the movie clip object by using randomly appearing or disappearing rectangles in a checkerboard pattern.

This class is used by specifying mx.transitions.PixelDissolve as a transObject.type parameter for the TransitionManager class.

Example
The following code creates an instance of TransitionManager that applies the PixelDissolve transition with ten xSections and ten ySections. The content target of the transition is the movie clip img1_mc. The TransitionManager instance applies a direction of mx.transitions.Transition.IN over a duration of 2 seconds with no easing.