PDA

View Full Version : Start Up problem

wattie
28-09-2008, 08:33 PM
When I boot my laptop (XP Pro) I get the message:
"RUNDLL Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\tuvSjJbx.dll The specified module could not be found"
I can cancel the warning and the laptop boots and operates normally but it is quite annoying. Can I copy this file from my desktop XP Pro machine to my laptop? Any other fix?
Thanks in advance

Jen
28-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Have you removed any malware/viruses recently? Have you also done a thorough scan for malware and viruses?

Speedy Gonzales
28-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I would do a scan with malwarebytes below

And a virus scanner

wainuitech
28-09-2008, 08:55 PM
A quick google search doesn't show any thing for that dll - As jen/ speedy said have you done any spyware checks/removal ??

to stop it loading, click Start/Run type in msconfig press Enter , on the startup Tab, scroll through and see if you can locate the startup entry, if its there, untick it and reboot.

Note: it may not be obvious, but should be listed in the second column under the command C:\WINDOWS\system32\tuvSjJbx.dll

If its not there - download Hijack This (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis) Save it to its own folder, say on the desktop, run it and select save a Log - when run, copy/paste the complete log file back here - some one will advise.

You may also want to download from my sig, Malwarebytes, Spyware terminator - install and run both in full scan mode to check for malware.