PDA

View Full Version : Pixelview Play tv pro 2 PCI card

stevenw
28-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi There

recently pulled my pixelview Plat TV pro 2 pci card out of its box and found its now missing teh capacitor labelled TC1 in teh upper right hand of the board and no longer works. :mad:

Any chance somebody has oen of these cards and can tell me the specs of the capacitor?

I need to know size (in microfarads (uF)) and voltage (in volts (V)

Cheers

Renmoo
28-09-2008, 05:11 PM
How do you know that the missing capacitor is the root of the problem? I highly doubt the capacitor of the PCI card can easily drop off by itself. Even if you can get hold of the right capacitor, do you think you can easily (with all due respect) solder the unit back onto the PCI card without voiding the warranty or ruining any electrical circuits?

Welcome to PressF1 :)

stevenw
28-09-2008, 07:33 PM
The card worked when I last used it and the only diffrence seems to be the missing capacitor. Its been stored in an antistatic bag so should be fine in that regard.

As an electrical engineering student with 3 weeks until i complete my bachelors level degree I am happy to solder the card myself. I have all necessary static precautions available in my workshop to prevent damaging anything. :cool:

Its over 2 years old now so im not worried about warranties.

Hoping someone can help me out :thanks:

Renmoo
29-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh, okay. Good luck anyway in finding the missing capacitor. :)