PDA

View Full Version : Bisoshock asking for securom?

almightynugget
26-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi my bioshock disc is scratched and it wont complete installing. I have an ISO image and try to install it through there but it says something about securom and uninstalls everything.

I don't want to spend another 80 - 100 bucks for it and just want it installed on my pc. plz help me out

wratterus
26-09-2008, 12:35 PM
...and this is why we hate silly copy protection on Games... :groan:

Did you try daemon tools to mount the ISO, and use the securom option?

pctek
26-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Daemon tools = :yuck:

This is what nocds are for.

almightynugget
26-09-2008, 12:58 PM
umm no... do i have to make the securom option green?

wratterus
26-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I think so, been ages since I've needed to use it.

Just checked, right click on the Daemon Tools icon in the system tray, emulation, SecuRom.

You could try a *cough* no cd *cough* patch *cough* seeing as you've bought the game, but am I right in saying you haven't got the game installed at all now?

pctek
26-09-2008, 01:34 PM
You could try a *cough* no cd *cough* patch *cough*

Got a cold Watterus?
I always use noCDs, who wants to be swapping disks all the time.

wratterus
26-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Got a cold Watterus?
I always use noCDs, who wants to be swapping disks all the time.

:p

I to too, TBH. So much easier. There's nothing wring with it, you payed for the game. Just wasn't sure how the mods would feel about it.

almightynugget
26-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I think so, been ages since I've needed to use it.

Just checked, right click on the Daemon Tools icon in the system tray, emulation, SecuRom.

You could try a *cough* no cd *cough* patch *cough* seeing as you've bought the game, but am I right in saying you haven't got the game installed at all now?

OK so i did it and it didn't work. I put a no cd patch into the game folders during install and still asked for securom. I ended the task in task manager. It works now but i have a new problem. It freezes whenever i pick up dollar bills?