PDA

View Full Version : Selecting program

22-05-2001, 01:07 PM
I recently built a family tree using DAUB Ages trial ware.Great for my needs.Question when I saved a section of the tree to send as a file attachment to another family member it asked me what program I would like to use to open it.I was confronted with the proverbial war and peace menu of choices.Being smart(Not),I used Adobe Acrobat reader.WRONG CHOICE,HELP!

22-05-2001, 10:24 PM
...maybe a wordpad .doc file as most people (or those using using Microsoft/Windows)will be able to open it.

25-05-2001, 03:17 AM
The only problem with using word pad is that it only handles text. All graphics will be lost.

If the recipient needs a copy of the latest Adobe Reader they can get it free on line at adobe.com. Alternatively, copies are available on many CD's ie. Motherboard driver Cd's, Video Card driver CD's. etc. (this is because many of the manuals in these type of CD's are now in Adobe format). You could also try one of the free CD's that come with PC World magazines. The May edition has version 4.05.

You could try using Word. It is widely used and has the ability to import numerous different types of file formats. If it can't import it as a file, it may be able to as a picture or an object.