PDA

View Full Version : Hkey virus/worm?

ginceasar
23-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi everyone! New to this site and I have a serious mess in my computer and need HELP please?
I have constant flashing on my desktop over the past few weeks. I have scanned with McAfee and no VIRUS or Trojan comes up. I scanned today with REGCURE and it is still scanning..I am over 40,000 problems FOUND. It appears it is HKEY..multiple of them?
I don't know what it is but have spend many hours today trying to get to the bottom of it. I have read "go to registry Editor" and delete what I want..that is confusing! I have tried Disk Degragment, that won't work because now I only have 6% left on my hard drive, due to what ever is going on. I don't play games or have anything on my computer except itunes, java, messenger (tried to remove) and basic stuff. I am wondering if it is any of the above?
Can someone tell me who to get rid of all this HKEY stuff? What is safe and not safe to delete?
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I am getting quite frustrated. Lori

kjaada
23-09-2008, 08:06 AM
There is a solution here:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071209074837AA3bxwF

ginceasar
23-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Have you actually used any of this yourself, is it safe?? Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
23-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Try Malwarebytes and trojan remover in my sig. Install and update both. then scan

wainuitech
23-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Just a bit of advice - DONT go playing around in the Reg if you dont know what you are doing - removing the wrong keys can make your PC unbootable or unstable.

pctek
23-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Get rid of RegCure. Its crap.