PDA

View Full Version : Dial up network box options

21-05-2001, 07:56 PM
Hi,
This PC has just returned from the repair point and when I log on to the internet the options for 'save password' and automatic' are greyed out.This obviously has something to do with the fact that the PC has not got a user name.On the start menu just above shutdown,it has only got 'Log Off'.If I do this then click on yes it changes to 'Log Off default' and the options are available.
As I am the only user what is the easiest fix for this,I am not on any other network except for my ISP
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Regards,
Maurice.

24-05-2001, 04:07 AM
You can create a user Id by logging off, then typing your name when logging in again. I don't think this is the problem though as windows is recognising a user (default).

To repair the password problem follow the procedure described in Q137361 at microsoft.com (Knowledge Base). Once the password problem is solved the Automatic option will appear.

However, as this problem has appeared since you had the computer repaired, then it must be something they did. Therefore, it is their responsibility to fix it.

For futher help contact bob@rjcomputers.co.nz

24-05-2001, 04:11 AM
You can create a user Id by logging off, then typing your name when logging in again. I don't think this is the problem though as windows is recognising a user (default).

To repair the password problem follow the procedure described in Q137361 at microsoft.com (Knowledge Base). Once the password problem is solved the Automatic option will appear.

However, as this problem has appeared since you had the computer repaired, then it must be something they did. Therefore, it is their responsibility to fix it.

For futher help contact bob@rjcomputers.co.nz

24-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Hi,
Thanks to everyone for your replies & comments which I shall look into.
Regards,
Maurice.