PDA

View Full Version : SlingShot InterLeaving

MongooseRoadkill
08-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Having Interleaving on makes a connection more reliable (and thus extends the range of reliable DSL), but has a penalty of higher latency.

Having Interleaving off makes a connection less reliable (and thus reduces the range of reliable DSL), but has the advantage of lower latency (very important for gamers).

Not all customers who switch interleaving off will see an improvement in their broadband experience as this will depend on a number of factors including congestion, distance from the exchange, bandwidth, time of day and traffic.

It is free to change your Interleaving settings with Slingshot.

We will send a confirmation email to your contact email address once any changes you have requested to your interleaving settings have been activated.

You can make changes to your interleaving settings whenever you wish. However, changes to interleaving settings can take from 1 - 5 days to provision.

Conditions: We cannot guarantee that changing your interleaving settings will improve your broadband speed, latency or overall experience.

Interleaving Settings

You have interleaving turned OFF.

Tick this box to turn it ON, then click on SAVE.

As I game during the weekends on a Xbox 360 and constantly suffer from Latency, Lag, Ping > 200 Is it worth me turning on this feature?

What are the disadvantages as I don't quite understand the article.

Having Interleaving off makes a connection less reliable.

By less reliable what do they mean because my internet bugs out (looses Connection) all the time and I have interleaving turned on. Does having interleaving turned off add more of a chance for me to loose connection?

pctek
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Is it worth me turning on this feature?
Does having interleaving turned off add more of a chance for me to loose connection?

More packet loss. Not dropping connection.
Most gamers have it turned off.

MongooseRoadkill
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
More packet loss. Not dropping connection.
Most gamers have it turned off.

Thanks for the help :D