PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 incompatibility?

20-05-2001, 02:27 PM
I have just upgraded to W2K & cant get my video card driver to gel with the O.S.
I have a Creative GeForce 256 Annihilator pro 32mb DDR board with a 'Creative CT6970' marking. I have tried the creative 3db2kdrv_634 driver as well as the Nvidia Detonator 3 driver. The former does not recognise the card the latter crashes my system.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Sav

24-05-2001, 09:39 AM
Hi Sav,

When you say upgrade, do you mean from 9x or a clean install? I'd suggest a clean install for best results. Have you applied motherboard drivers eg 4in1s? Have you applied SP2 for Win2K? Have you tried some of the beta releases of the detonators? Try asking on the Mad Onion forum if anyone else has had the same experience. (www.madonion.com)

24-05-2001, 09:44 AM
Hi Sav,

When you say upgrade, do you mean from 9x or a clean install? I'd suggest a clean install for best results. Have you applied motherboard drivers eg 4in1s? Have you applied SP2 for Win2K? Have you tried some of the beta releases of the detonators? Try asking on the Mad Onion forum if anyone else has had the same experience. (www.madonion.com)