PDA

View Full Version : TradeMe Fees make it expensive...

hostingd
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi,
What do we all do about TradeMe fees :dogeye:, I see every month they up their prices to make more money for the overseas investors, how or what can the average kiwi do?
I found this web site [edited] seems to have a nice system like TradeMe, and is free, Zillion has charges, and it's not worth paying for as it's not popular enough as yet... Anyone know any other auction web sites in New Zealand that alot of kiwis are using?
Very interested in peoples feedback on other web sites and or ideas around trademe's excessive fees :(

Metla
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Spam whore.

Pity you weren't deleted last time.

http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=80344

hostingd
03-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I am serious, have you used TradeMe lately? They are making so much money I assume, I cannot believe how many fees they have, it's costing me a fortune to sell via TradeMe, I am only using it weekly, I cannot imagine how much it would cost a daily trader. wow!
So how much did you spend on TradeMe this week?

wainuitech
03-09-2008, 07:54 PM
So how much did you spend on TradeMe this week? hmmm after careful counting of all receipts, sales etc a grand total of

--------

--------

$0.00 = Nothing :waughh:

supergran
03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Simple, stop using Trademe, and go back to something free like the 'buy sell and exchange'. Which if I remember rightly also has an online aution site.

I do hear ya about the fees though, it is upwards of $50 now to sell a vehicle, whether you sell it or not.

Metla
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I have generated much more money by using trademe then If I hadn't.:banana

Jen
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I found this web site [edited] seems to have a nice system like TradeMe, and is free, ...Yeah, well it doesn't say much about your website hosting management if you have only just found this website you are hosting. Surely you keep better track of your own businesses? :rolleyes:

Long story short, you're banned for pimping your website.

JJJJJ
03-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, well it doesn't say much about your website hosting management if you have only just found this website you are hosting. Surely you keep better track of your own businesses? :rolleyes:

Long story short, you're banned for pimping your website.

Nice one Jen. Loved the final sentance

Blam
03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
What was it - something like sellmefree or something!

Agent_24
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
:lol:

Well I don't sell anywhere near as much as I buy on TradeMe, but I do agree their pricing is pretty stupid. 50c success fee on an item you sell for $1, you might as well just give it away free.

When buying though, I find that TradeMe has all the good stuff on it (especially 2nd hand)

I notice that most of these other sites like Zillion, Webuy etc are just full of brand new stuff at ripoff prices, so I never bother going there.