PDA

View Full Version : Class not registered

Ninjabear
03-09-2008, 04:33 PM
My friend's PC is running a bit of problem

She tried to install Dora the explorer game for her kid however when she runs the CD it has the option of Open .Open the readme file of the game or Run Vivi_Ep13.exe

When she clicks on "run" it comes up with an error called Class not registered

She is running Microsoft Vista not service pack 1

She is on dialup.Does Service pack 1 update have to go thru windows update?Can it be download as a seperate file?

Jen
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
What happens if you explore the CD and look for the install.exe (or similar) file and run that manually rather than let Windows auto-play it?

Vista SP1 is available as a separate download file. You may need to hunt around the Microsoft website or someone may provide the link for you.

Edit: Here is the link to Vista SP1 - Obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack from the Microsoft Download Center (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791#Method3)

SPARTAN 860
03-09-2008, 05:10 PM
It is better to download over Windows Update, as it will NOT crash at stage 3, unlike a few that use the standalone SP1. I strongly recommened you get it through Windows Update, as it is quite small (66 MB or something like that) and should not take too long (3.05 Hours at 6 kilobytes per sec, which is about dial up speed.)

Ninjabear
03-09-2008, 05:59 PM
It is better to download over Windows Update, as it will NOT crash at stage 3, unlike a few that use the standalone SP1. I strongly recommened you get it through Windows Update, as it is quite small (66 MB or something like that) and should not take too long (3.05 Hours at 6 kilobytes per sec, which is about dial up speed.)

I thought SP1 was 1GB?

feersumendjinn
03-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Which Dora game do you have, some of the ones I've looked up do not say they are compatible with Vista (up to Xp only), you could try running the install in compatibility mode (right-click on the install.exe (or setup.exe or similar) file on the game cd, left-click Properties in that menu and left-click the Compatibility tab, select which mode you want and click Apply then OK, then double left-click the original install/setup file to install the game).
The cd may also be defective :eek: .

Speedy Gonzales
03-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Its 66mb from the Windowsupdate site, and 434 mb for the full install for 32 bit, and bigger for 64 bit

Ninjabear
03-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Which Dora game do you have, some of the ones I've looked up do not say they are compatible with Vista (up to Xp only), you could try running the install in compatibility mode (right-click on the install.exe (or setup.exe or similar) file on the game cd, left-click Properties in that menu and left-click the Compatibility tab, select which mode you want and click Apply then OK, then double left-click the original install/setup file to install the game).
The cd may also be defective :eek: .

All of them dont work
The games were

Squeaky toy
Surprise Party
Fairytale adventure
Backpack adventure

I know it works on my XP computer but her her Vista computer

SPARTAN 860
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
SP1 is 66 MB for 32bit Vista over windows update, while it is over 490 MB standalone for Vista 32bit. Don't know about 64bit, but i do know its higher, maybe the SP1 standalone for 64bit is 1 GB, but my SP1 update off Windows Update was 66 MB. Hope this helps out.

Speedy Gonzales
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
They probably dont work in Vista then. Unless theres a patch for them

If its this, its not compatible (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Dora%20The%20Explorer%3a%20Dora%27s%20World%20Ad venture&v=Activision&pf=0&pi=9&c=PC%20Gaming&sc=Arcade%20%26%20Classic&os=32-bit&pageAccurate=Yes)