PDA

View Full Version : Disk needed for setup of DSL-G604T?

Johnnz
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Looking at getting one of these D-link wireless modem routers, but the guy selling it hasn't the disk. I take it that it only contains the manual (available online) and warranty? Not neccessary for setting the wifi network up?

Speedy Gonzales
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
If its similar to the Gen II version of that modem, then no you dont need the cd.

To set anything up. Just configure everything, by logging into the router, settings whatever, saving what you did, then rebooting the router

I've got the Gen II of this modem, it came with a cd with some connect software on it. I never used it, or installed anything off it.

All I had to do was add my username/password for Xnet, and enable wireless and add the info and do the above

Johnnz
01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply :)

Speedy Gonzales
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
No probs :)

prefect
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I have D-Link DSL-G604T. You dont need cd for setup. It has its own setup wizard.
The cd only contains user manual which is available on line as you know.
I suppose you want to make sure it comes with power adaptor and is not missing its feet.
Support in NZ is 0800 900 900.
If you look at the manual its gets a bit scary with stuff like; VPI, VCI, CLONED MAC ADRESS, BRIDGED IP, LLC, VCMUX , WAN IP, SUBNET MASK, ISP GATEWAY, PRIMARY DNS, SECONDARY DNS, ROUTED IP, SSID.
I just kept pressing enter it didnt work so I rung 0800 number and some tech whizz helped configure ip settings in XP.
The range on wireless is pretty stink got small house and signal in kids bedroom about 30 ft away kept dropping out enraging them during games.
I run a network cable under the floor to bedroom its sweet. Wireless ok for lappie about 15 ft away.

Agent_24
02-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Everything from the CD + more would be easily downloadable from Dlink's website anyway