PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding

LarsJohann
31-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello, i am trying to create a dedicated server and everything works fine. but i've got one problem. i cant seem to get my game out of LAN. im using a router so i assumed that i've got to forward my ports. How do i do that?

Speedy Gonzales
31-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Go into its config (the router) and select portforwarding, if its got the option

Add the ports, save then reboot it

Whats the brand/model of the router

LarsJohann
31-08-2008, 08:37 AM
my router is a Linksys BEFSR41. first of, how would i figure out what the port number to forward is because i was told that if i forward the port for Unreal Tournament that it would not stay in LAN when i try to make a server.

LarsJohann
31-08-2008, 08:43 AM
like it says the port for my Local IP or my LAN connection is 7777 so would i put that in to forward my ports?

The_End_Of_Reality
31-08-2008, 09:17 AM
The easiest thing to do is go here (http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm) and select whic application you are using (which version of UT) and then select your router in the next page and it has a good guide how to port forward.

LarsJohann
31-08-2008, 04:27 PM
ok so i went to the website and did the tutorial for my router and game and now i see two LAN games yet im only running one and when i try and enter one or the other it just goes black. And my game is still not showing up in Internet games.