PDA

View Full Version : Importing Email Messages

18-05-2001, 05:18 PM
I am trying to import Outlook Express 5 messages to Outlook Express 5.5 on another computer. I have successfully done the address book, but it won't import the messages. When I try to import it comes up saying can not find the message files (I have it shared). Please help.

18-05-2001, 05:48 PM
Hello Chris
The easiest way for you to perform this task is to copy your C:\Windows\Application Data\ Folder to the other PC
(this folder can be quite large depending on how much mail you have stored,so if you don't have a CD Writer you may have to remove your hard drive temporarily and then install it as a slave on the other PC) then copy it to a folder called mail restore.
Then open Outlook Express and go to >> File >> import>> messages >>Microsoft Outlook Express 5 >> Click on next >>Import mail from OE5 store directory >>click on browse >>
point to the mail restore folder >> application data >>Identities >> 9f4e 654656 (different on every machine )>> Microsoft >> Outlook express >> click on OK >> click on next >> Done

Alan

20-05-2001, 03:41 AM
The correct path to use for importing mail is c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook express. If you use c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook express\mail you will get a message saying the files can't be found.

20-05-2001, 10:36 AM
I am able to do this now. You can't import the messages over a shared folder, but if copy to the target computer locally, it works.